Parks and Trails
- Murphy Park - At 120 acres, this is Taylor’s largest park and includes a pavilion, swimming pools, a fishing lake and one of the largest egret rookeries in North America. Amenities include a percussion park, mini-pitch soccer, baseball fields, tennis & pickleball courts, a football field, a pavilion bandstand, playground and public restrooms. Entrance to this park is on West Lake Dr.
- Heritage Square Park – Centrally located in Historic Downtown, at Main and Fourth Street, Heritage Square pays homage to our rich cultural history. It is 1.67 acres and hosts a variety of seating areas under shade, a walking path, and historical markers. The Park includes a festival-style amphitheater, kid-friendly playground, pavilion, a splash pad and public restrooms. Click HERE for upcoming events.
- Fannie Robinson Park – Located at 206 S. Dolan St. Fannie Robinson Park is a 55 -acre community park bounded by Walnut and Threadgill Streets. Amenities include splash pad, baseball fields, basketball court, pavilion, walking trails and a public restroom.
- Bull Branch – Bull Branch is located at Lynn & Davis Street and boasts more than 65 acres of beautiful park area that includes a fishing pier, recreational amenities, disc golf and part of our Hike & Bike Trail.
- Pierce Park Skatepark – Pierce Park is paradise for adrenaline-fueled skateboarders, roller bladers and extreme sports enthusiasts alike! Check out our 50/50 Skatepark at 326 Porter St.
- Hike & Bike Trail – The Hike & Bike trail is 3 miles long over concrete and crushed granite that crosses our town. It connects all our major parks from Robinson Park in the southeast to Bull Branch Park in the northwest.
- Mustang Creek Golf Course – This 9-hole golf course at Potomac and Gano Streets is challenging with lush tee boxes, fairways and greens. The friendly staff in the pro shop is ready to assist you with family memberships, green fees, cart rentals, food beverages lesson and equipment.
- Taylor Regional Complex – This state-of-the-art sports facility is the site for many national tournaments, particularly in the summer months. Amenities include lighted youth baseball and fast pitch softball fields, lighted soccer fields, a football field, basketball courts and a 6-acre lake and nature preserve.
- Granger Lake – Known as one of the top crappie/white bass fishing spots in Central Texas. Granger Lake is sure to satisfy the outdoorsman in you with boating, fishing and camping.